Throughout the history of wooden ship building, ships' bows were fitted with figureheads to act as lookouts and to lead sailors safely on their way. Animals were the first subject of choice for figurehead design, but by the mid-1700s, human-design figureheads became the new style,and often cherubic angels, known as "Neptune's Wooden Angels" offered the sailor protection. Later, mermaids and women were popular figurehead choices despite the superstitious beliefs that sailors held regarding women and their adverse effects on a ship's voyage.
The Hampton Nautical solid iron figure head and bell is the perfect addition to any nautical themed home . This solid iron bell will greet your visitors with a nautical appeal and provide a beautiful aesthetic. Designed for the true nautical enthusiast in your life.
NOTE: Wall mounting hardware not included.
- Handcrafted from solid iron by our master artisians
- Cast iron assures longevity for bell
- The perfect gift for the nautical enthusiast in your life
- Overall Dimensions: 10" L x 6" W x 10" H
10" Rustic Cast Iron Ship's Figurehead Bell
- Product Code: 10" Cast Iron Mermaid Figurehead Bell
- Reward Points: 450
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Price in reward points: 5000