The legendary racing and fishing history of the Bluenose comes home with this fabulous model ship. Enchantingly bottled, a nautical legacy of its own right, this sleek yacht is a dashing representation and excellently crafted reminder of a sea faring champion.
- Excellent craftsmanship of a historic Canadian racing yacht
- Authentically designed historic glass bottled ship
- Solid wood base with ship nameplate "Bluenose" Proudly Displayed
- Arrives fully assembled with all sails mounted --- This is not a ship in a bottle kit!
- Real glass bottle with a classic style
- Handcrafted wooden hull and masts
- Cork stopper and melted wax with an anchor impression seal the bottle
- Dimensions: 7" L x 3.5" W x 4" H
- Buy Over $30 In Nautical Decor - and get free shipping on all Nautical Decor Items
(* Lower 48 states)
History Of The BluenoseBluenose was launched at Lunenburg, Nova Scotia on March 26, 1921, as both a working cod-fishing schooner and a racing ship. This was in response to a Nova Scotian ship's defeat in a race for working schooners established by the Halifax Herald newspaper in 1920. After a season fishing on the Grand Banks, Bluenose defeated the ship Elsie from Gloucester, Massachusetts, returning the trophy to Nova Scotia. During the next 17 years of racing no challenger, American or Canadian, could wrest the trophy from her.
7" Bluenose Schooner Ship In A Bottle
- Product Code: 7" Bluenose Ship in Bottle
- Reward Points: 150
- Availability: 1
- Price in reward points: 1500